Updated: Mar 1
As a busy mom of two boys, I am always trying to figure out new ideas for sneaking in healthy meals for dinner. And for some reason, they both are very picky, even though neither I nor their Dad is. Go figure. But we all love tacos, so this one they seemed to enjoy.
One day I was at my beautician's salon and she was eating something that smelled delicious. Of course I was hungry, I always seem to be when I go get my hair done, so I asked her what she was eating. She let me try it, and I was hooked immediately. I asked her for the recipe - and there really isn't a set recipe. You just need to make sure you have the key ingredients; cherry tomatoes, cilantro, tortillas, and of course, chicken! This is the variation that I made, as I tried to match hers perfectly. It wasn't perfect, but it was close enough.
What I Used:
• Tysons Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, finely chopped, 3/4 lb
• Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 1tsp
• Vegetable Oil, 1tbsp
• Red Onion, 1 small, diced
• Garlic Cloves, 3 cloves, finely chopped
• Cilantro, 1/2 cup, chopped
• Lime, fresh, juiced
• Sea Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
• Jalapeño Pepper, chopped
• Sprouts Farmers Market Artisan Corn Tortillas, 8
What I Did:
1. Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Mix chicken and Greek seasoning in a bowl. Slowly place chicken in pan and sauté until no longer pink.
2. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeño peppers, salt and juice of a lime in a separate bowl, mix and set aside.
3. Once chicken is done, place on paper towel to drain excess fat. You can either add the chicken to the salsa mix or keep separate.
4. Scoop chicken and salsa into a corn tortilla. One taco per serving.
Note: all recipes featured have been entered into my WW App. I follow the green plan.
**3 WW Green Points**